Can anyone use a Holmes™ heated blanket?
Can I use an extension cord with my warming product?
Do Holmes™ heated blankets save energy and money?
How do I know which temperature setting to select?
How hot will my heated blanket get?
Your Holmes™ heated blanket is designed to provide the appropriate heat to help maintain your body's own warmth and to keep you comfortable. It does not operate like a heating pad. When you touch the blanket, it may not feel hot to the touch. If you feel that your warming product is not operating properly or is not hot enough, we suggest you try the Heating Performance Test (see below).
If you have tried this test and the warming product does not heat, please contact us via email.
Heating Performance Test
All Holmes™ Heated Blanket's are tested at the factory for quality and performance. If you feel your warming product is not heating properly, you may want to try the fold test.
Please note: warming products are very different from heating pads. They will not feel hot to the touch when laid out flat.
The fold test is very easy:
- Remove your warming product from its vinyl storage bag. If you have already used your product, fold it as you would to store it away.
- Keeping your product folded, locate the control or controls in the centerfold.
- Slip the controls out of the centerfold. Please be sure to keep your product folded as you do this.
- Make sure the control cord is connected to the connection module. If it is not, simply connect it by clicking the plastic clasps into place.
- Plug the main power cord into a 110- or 120-volt wall outlet.
- Press the "On/ Off" or "On" button to turn your warming product on.
- Set your warming product to the highest setting and wait five to seven minutes.
- Put your hand between the folds and feel the warm, soothing heat.
CAUTION: Never continue the fold test for more than seven minutes. Never attempt to make any internal adjustments to this product.
What does "FF" mean on the display of my control?
Follow the instructions on the flag tag to reset the control or follow the steps below.
- Unplug the system from wall outlet.
- Check that the control is well connected to the module.
- Plug the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Set the control to "on".